Honey has been used as a folk remedy throughout history and has a variety of health benefits and medical uses.
- Honey contains an array of plant chemicals that act as antioxidants.
- Research has shown that raw honey can kill unwanted bacteria and fungus.
- It naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic.
- Honey is sometimes used to treat digestive issues such as diarrhea.
- Have a cold? Try a spoonful of honey. Honey is an old sore throat remedy. Add it to hot tea with lemon when a cold virus hits you.